Caryophyllales 2015 - an international conference at the Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, Freie Universität Berlin, September 13-18, 2015
Caryophyllales 2015 is an international conference focusing on the order Caryophyllales, attracting researcher specialised in the systematics, evolution and biogeography of this lineage of flowering plants. Besides bringing together the latest research developments, the conference will foment the Caryophyllales Network, which aims at joining forces for the elaboration of a global monographic synthesis of the order. Currently, about 80 scientists from more than 20 countries are expected to attend the meeting.
The conference is supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
Topics / Sessions / Programme
- Adaptive evolution in the Caryophyllales
- Systematics and diversity of Amaranthaceae s.l.
- Systematics and diversity of Caryophyllaceae (3 sessions)
- Phylogeny, systematics and evolution of Portulacinae
- Floral morphology and evolution in Caryophyllales
- A wider picture
- Phylogeny and evolution of different Caryophyllales lineages
- The Caryophyllales Network – Quo vadis?
The conference will be held at the Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin situated in the south-west of the German capital.
Conference language: English
Abstracts of presentations and posters are availble on-line (Programme). We are looking forward to exciting presentations about your latest research and to vivid discussions reflecting the current state of knowledge. We will encourage the publication of peer reviewed papers as an outcome of the conference.
Posters will also be presented (poster boards 180cm from the ground, width 88 cm - recommended paper width 80cm).